Registered Manager - Care at Home
|Job Title:||Registered Manager - Care at Home|
|Salary:||Competitive basic salary plus benefit|
|Reference:||RM - DR|
|Contact Name:||Donna Cosgrove|
|Job Published:||September 08, 2016 16:57|
We’re a well-established, homecare organisation who are currently recruiting for a Registered Manager to run and support our service in the Moray & NHS Highland geographical areas based out of our Forres office (which will be moving to Nairn in the coming months).
The role will involve:
- The expansion of new business and support of existing business, carrying out risk assessments and care plans, and overseeing the efficient and effective process of supplying care workers into the community to provide a service to individuals within their own homes.
- The overseeing of senior care workers, scheduler, recruitment and compliance administrator and care assessment officers. Ensuring that all reporting is pulled together and all documentation is up-to-date, and that all members of the team are communicating to ensure a joined up way of working. Leading the way by having a thorough understanding of each role and a capacity to perform it if need be (leading by example).
- The responsibility of care worker training and induction (‘Train the trainer’ training will be given), Care Inspectorate compliance and quality grading, supervision of internal staff and the provision of second-to-none customer care.
- Dealing with all service user and care worker concerns / complaints and ensuring resultant documentation and reporting is completed in a timely manner and communicated to all stakeholders (NHS, Local authority, social work, Service Users and Care Inspectorate).
- Ensuring that the service grows in line with its capacity to deliver by driving recruitment and working closely with the scheduler to understand the services current capacity to take on new service users.
- Ensuring the suitability of any service user and managing expectations prior to any agreement to supply care.
- Conducting and documenting quarterly care team meetings for 2 way feedback.
- Being able to deliver hands on care in an emergency situation, when required.
A bit about you
The Registered Manager must possess or be working towards (or be willing to do) a SVQ level 4 and Registered Manager Award. Alternatively you can be a Registered Nurse or Social Worker. But more importantly we need you to have a 'can do' attitude, be adaptable, personable, demonstrate empathy, and also have the need to succeed. Although core hours are Monday to Friday, the Manager is expected to be available for emergency situations at the weekends and out of ours and take part in the out of hour’s phone rota.
Given the nature, and location, of the role it is essential that you have driving licence and the ability to travel when required.
If you feel you have the special attributes of caring, compassion, quality and see care as a vocation not a job then apply today or contact us by calling 0141 212 7908.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's