Senior Support Worker
|Job Title:||Senior Support Worker|
|Salary:||£21,000 plus mileage|
|Reference:||SNR SW - DR|
|Contact Name:||Donna Cosgrove|
|Job Published:||September 08, 2016 16:53|
H1 Care at Home has an excellent F/T (37.5 hour per week - average) position for a Senior Support Worker. The role alternates weekly, 4 days one week then 3 days the next.
We are offering the stability of a £21,000 P/A salary plus 28 days holiday (incl. stat) for this position.
Access to your own car is essential as this role will involve travelling across the Highlands region to support those in need. Your mileage will be covered at the increased rate of 30p per mile. Other benefits include paid comprehensive training, free uniform, and pension scheme after a probationary period.
H1 Care at Home is a local Home Care provider specialising in supporting those in need across the North of Scotland we are looking to recruit an individual who can make a positive difference to people’s lives.
The Senior Support Worker's role will involve:
- Travelling to clients homes across the Highlands
- Providing support and direction to our care teams
- Conducting supervisory reports and spot checks ensuring care plans are followed
- Personal care and support to clients including washing, bathing, medication when needed to cover sickness and annual leave
- Collecting service user feedback on care delivered
- Producing concise weekly reports for the management team.
The successful Support Worker will have:
- A minimum of 3 years full time care experience is a must
- SVQ level 3 is desirable although no formal qualifications are necessary but a willingness to study to gain qualifications is a must
- Willingness to travel and be able to commit to a constantly changing shift pattern which includes weekends is essential
- A full driving licence, valid to drive in the UK with access to your own transport
- Ability to work at short notice when required, and be part of the out of hours oncall rota (additional payments for this)
- Capability to deal professionally with difficult situations, and follow a set process
- Ability to communicate effectively with other healthcare professionals and client’s families in an encouraging and “can do” manner
- The ability to foster team work, responsibility, and accountability within the care workers in the field
- Be able to show exemplary sickness and absence record in previous roles, due to the nature of the people we look after, absence leaves the elderly and vulnerable at risk which is reportable to the Care Inspectorate and the SSSC.
If you feel you have the special attributes of caring and compassion, showing empathy and delivering high levels of care, then apply today or contact me on 0141 212 7908. Alternatively text WORK to 07584 631686
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's